There are a lot of new readers here recently. Welcome.
You may have noticed that the topics here jump around some. I tend to write about whatever I’m working on at any given moment, and that can vary. But it’s important to me that you get what you are presumably here for – an education about buying, managing and selling apartment buildings in Los Angeles.
Here are some pieces I think are particularly important, grouped loosely by topic. Note that there’s a lot more in the blog… I’ve been writing almost every day for nearly 18 months now, so there’s plenty to dig into if you have the time.
Why you should own apartment buildings:
How to think abiout value and how it increases:
The buying process:
Thinking about managing buildings:
- Introduction to Los Angeles rent control
- Why the tenants and lease are important
- What to keep in mind when you’re managing
- When to sell
- Pre-sale information gathering (1 and 2)
- How to choose a listing broker