It might be, because it costs twice as much to rent a two bedroom apartment in Silver Lake. A 2 bed / 1 bath apartment goes for $1,100 in Highland Park, which is nearly 2x the $2,195 it costs in Silver Lake.
We’ve just completed our February Rent Survey for Highland Park. We looked at all of the apartments listed on Craigslist labeled “Highland Park” on Friday, February 10, 2012, then used the LA Times Neighborhood Map for Highland Park to check whether the listings were, indeed, in Highland Park. Here are the highlights:
- The Median 2 bedroom / 1 bath apartment in Highland Park goes for $1,100 / month (and all of the apartments included in the survey came with parking)
- Adding an extra bathroom, for a 2 bed / 2 bath, adds $50 per month (median of $1,150)
- Median rent for a 1 bed / 1 bath was $925 / month (and, again, all but one of the 12 units had parking)
- Median rent for a studio was $800 / month
- Only three 3 bed units available, with prices ranging from $1,250-2,300
Interested in the raw data. Here it is: Highland Park Rent Survey February 2012